Summer’s hot and humid weather is coming to an end.
Fall’s colder and dryer weather can take quite a toll on our skin. The sudden transition can create dryness and flakiness as the skin tries to adjust to the new conditions.
Luckily, there are a few things you can do to help make the transition a little easier.
- Follow a consistent skin care routine. Summer is a time when many go away on vacation and tend to follow an irregular skin care regime. Our skin loves consistency and struggles to adjust to any changes. The key to healthy-looking skin is to try to stick to same products and same routine as long as possible.
- Book a fall Deep Exfoliating Facial. A great way to help your skin make a quicker transition is by getting a professional deep exfoliating facial treatment to remove that top layer of dead skin cells that you accumulated over the summer.
- Start exfoliating more frequently. Following your facial, it’s important to continue exfoliating at home. To avoid flaky skin, it’s important to start exfoliating a little more frequently. Recommendation: 2-3 days per week.
- Switch up your moisturizer. Fall is the perfect time to finish-up the lighter moisturizer you may have been using during the spring and summer months, while starting to focus on finding a more suitable moisturizer for fall and winter. Recommendation: Look for moisturizers that focus on hydration with a thicker consistency.
- Add a serum to skin care regime. The colder weather conditions can be quite harsh on the skin. By adding a serum to your skin care routine, you will be adding extra vitamins that get depleted faster during fall and winter.
- Aveda’s Dual Exfoliation Peel Facial
- Guinot’sHydrapeeling PH Facial
- Aveda’s Botanical Kinetics Radiant Skin Refiner
- Guinot’s Long-Lasting Moisturizing Cream
- Guinot’sHydrazone Cream
- Aveda’s Tulasara Bright Concentrate