With so many different skin care products available, it can be difficult to determine which products are the most important in our skin care routine.
Below is a list of the products that should always be part of your daily skin care regimen:
Cleansers act as the primary product that washes the skin of any debris, oils, sweat… When choosing the right cleanser for your skin, here are the general guidelines:
• Cream or Milk-Based Cleanser: normal to dry skin;
• Gel or Foam-Based Cleanser: normal to oily skin.
Exfoliants remove dry skin cells on the surface of the skin. Omitting the exfoliation step, can cause the skin to become flaky and dull over time. Exfoliants should be used once to three times per week.
Eye Crème //
The skin surrounding the eyes is thinner and more sensitive than the rest of the face. Eye creams are specially formulated for the eye area and can target different elements, such as:
• Deep Hydration
• Puffiness and Dark-Circles
• Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Serums are the products that get absorbed deeper into the skin. They contain active ingredients that are responsible for providing results, such as:
• Increased Elasticity;
• Skin Firming;
• Minimized Pores;
• Reduced Redness
Moisturizers are applied on top of the serums. Their main function is to create a moisture barrier to hydrate and protect the skin throughout the day. When choosing the right moisturizer for your skin, here’s a tip:
• Water-based (water is the first ingredient): sensitive or oily skin;
• Oil-based (oil is the first ingredient): dry or aging skin.
• Normal-Dry Skin: Guinot Comforting Cleanser;
• Normal-Oily Skin: Aveda Purifying Gel Cleanser;
• Sensitive Skin: Guinot Hydra Sensitive Gentle Cleanser.
• Dry-Flaky Skin: Guinot Perfect Radiance Exfoliating Cream;
• All Skin-Types: Guinot Biological Peeling Gel.
• Dark-Circles / Puffiness: Guinot Eye Fresh;
• Deep Hydration: Guinot Hydrazone Eye Contour Serum Cream.
• Pigmented Skin: Aveda Tulasara Bright Concentrate;
• Aging Skin: Aveda Tulasara Firm Concentrate;
• Sensitive Skin: Guinot Hydra Sensitive Face Serum.
• All Skin Types: Aveda Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Lotion;
• Normal-Dry Skin: Aveda Botanical Kinetics Intense Hydrating Soft Creme;
• Aging Skin: Guinot Age Logic Cream;
• Normal-Oily Skin: Guinot Bioxygene Face Cream;
• Oily Skin: Guinot Pure Balance Cream;
• Sensitive Skin: Aveda All-Sensitive Moisturizer.
Reminder: Don’t forget your sunscreen!
Certified Esthetician and Skincare Specialist